Top Moments: TV’s Accurate Portrayal of Love on Jersey Shore and The Bachelorette
If there’s one affair that TV gets right, it’s the astute delineation of affair — right? This anniversary was like searching in a mirror. Vinny Chase began a not-so-chaste amour with a porn brilliant on Entourage. Sookie adequate her Accurate Blood lover by staking his vampire maker. Mad Men’s Don Draper advised his secretary like a whore. And, as the carol of Angelina and Pauly D articulate its final atrocious note, two active adolescent things called Ali and Roberto swept in to renew our acceptance in accurate love. Just like absolute life, but with bigger art direction! Welcome to Top Moments: Romantics and Cynics Edition.
12. Best Meltdown: Entourage admirers accept apparent Vince blooper before, but this time he’s accomplishing it with a porn brilliant at his side, as it should be. He shows up for an important affair with Stan Lee bashed on tequila, top on painkillers, and accompanied by (legitimate actress!) Sasha Grey. It’s authoritative us bemused for his assured bottomward spiral.
11. Hardest Truth: This is difficult to say, but we in actuality ancillary with The Absolute Housewives of New Jersey’s Danielle in her annoying action with the cheating Kim G. Bravo’s Benedict Arnold blabs that Danielle was traveling to try to locate her bearing mother — for the creepy-sounding acumen that she wants to “smell her.” Danielle confronts Kim G. about her deception. She actual cleverly throws an busy anger (and napkin) advised to abstract Danielle from the actuality that she’s in actuality the one in the wrong.
10. Saddest Reality Star: Poor Mondo. He’s a accomplished artist (the board admired his Mary Tyler Moore-inspired outfit), but he doesn’t accept any friends. In a blubbery account with producers, he says he’s not abutting with any of his adolescent Project Runway contestants. “I’m just so lonely,” he manages through tears. Accomplish it work, Mondo!
9. Juiciest Clue: We already knew that Emily was admiring to Maya, but not that she aswell already had a drove on Alison. In fact, this week’s Pretty Little Liars reveals that if Alison rebuffed her advances, Emily wrote her a awful letter — just canicule afore Alison’s disappearance.
8. Toughest Love: In a last-ditch accomplishment to action Colleen’s drinking, Rescue Me’s Tommy pours all the booze in Father Phil’s abbey into the angelic baptize stoup and again “baptizes” Colleen, face-first. The agreement ends with Colleen about benumbed on the attic and Tommy getting taken abroad in handcuffs — not absolutely a religious experience.
7. Worst Exit: Rachel Zoe Project admirers die (and not in the RZ-approved way) if they apprentice that appearance administrator Taylor Jacobson was accursed amidst allegations that she blanket samples. We never apprehend Jacobson’s ancillary of the adventure (whether she wasn’t offered the befalling or chose not to yield it is unclear), abrogation us with the all-embracing consequence of a abhorrent apply campaign. In particular, Rachel talks about the “betrayal” by a babe she advised ancestors and takes calls from colleagues who are befitting tabs on Taylor for Rachel back her departure.
6. A lot of Nebulous Achievement: New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez (aka A-Rod, and, uh, A-Roid), 35, becomes the youngest Major Leaguer to accurately 600* home runs. Only seven others accept accomplished that milestone. The “A-bomb from A-Rod” (as Yankee anchorperson John Sterling calls his home runs) comes in the aboriginal inning of Wednesday’s bold adjoin the Toronto Blue Jays — afterwards what seemed like an acute delay (12 amateur afterwards No. 599).
*Rodriguez accepted endure year that he acclimated performance-enhancing drugs from 2001 to 2003, a time aeon during which he hit 156 of the homers.
5. Best Death: With a simple staking, Sookie kills Lorena on Accurate Blood, catastrophe her access over Bill already and for all. The vampiress does not blooper agilely into the abiding slumber, instead appearance her additional afterlife by berserk expelling her belly out her mouthhole and again liquefying into a putrid red goo. Camille it isn’t.
4. Worst Christmas Gift: On Mad Men, a bashed Don seduces his secretary, Allison, if she brings him the keys to his accommodation that he larboard at the office. The next morning, in the sobering ablaze of the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce offices, Allison is annihilation added than a secretary to Don. A acceptable secretary though: He gives her a ailing timed $100 Christmas bonus. Shame on Don for alleviative her like a ho-ho-ho.
3. Stupidest Fight: Whoopi Goldberg begins Thursday’s adventure of The View by acclamation Absolute Housewives of D.C. brilliant Michaele Salahi’s affirmation that the talk-show host manhandled and berated her during her Wednesday appointment to the Barbara Walters chatfest. “I went up to her and told her that she knew I didn’t hit her, and yeah, you apperceive how I said it: best words,” Goldberg says. “I accomplish no acknowledgment for my best words.”
2. Best Fight: Sure, the girls of Jersey Shore abhorrence Angelina, but what about MVP (Mike, Vinny and Pauly)? A coarse history amid Angelina and Pauly D resurfaces if the woman abominable al of a sudden slaps him. She acutely still has animosity for him; even clearer, he no best has any for her.
1. Best Proposal: Sure, maybe arena “Can You Feel the Adulation Tonight” was a little over the top, but Roberto’s angle on The Bachelorette manages to win over even the a lot of contemptuous gawkers at the prime-time adventurous car crash. Ali even sends Chris L. home early, alive she was already in adulation with Roberto. So this time it’s for real. Adulation absolutely wins.
About the Author